Sunday, November 23, 2008

Going Home

So today is the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I will be returning home to STA either tomorrow afternoon or sometime Tuesday because I have opted to skip accounting for numerous reasons, most of them are because it bores the hell out of me. I have only been back to St. Anthony once since college started and only twice since late July and I find going home seems now even weirder than going back to college. For fall break, none of my friends in my grade were home from college, or so I knew of, and so I only saw a few friends still in high school. This time however, nearly everyone except Aaron Horsager will be home. Even though its only a day or 2 before I depart for home, I've only contacted 2 people to make sure I get to hang out with them. I really wonder how my stay at home is going to be. Will all the kids I knew in high school contact me to hang out with me or will they have forgotten about me? To be completely honest I've lost touch with many of them for a number of reasons but none of them are because I don't want to see or talk to them anymore. It's just weird with everyone at college being excited to go home when I know at least my trip home will be drastically different from the home I remember. Even if all my friends make contact with me(which I hope they do) and everything is fun and isn't awkward, the main street through STA has been redone and my parents have removed 4 tress from my house and replaced them with new ones. This time when I go home, even the appearance of home won't be the same. Although I'm very excited to have a couple days to just relax and not do any homework, I'm anxious to see whether this break will turn out to be any more than that.

No comments: