Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthdays

So today is indeed my birthday and birthdays have always been a weird days for me. In high school, I don't know that I ever really enjoyed my birthday in high school, for various reasons that are no longer important. But this year so far has been different. Because we didn't have classes today because of student symposium(whatever that is), I began celebrating last night. Basically I decided I was going to use this date to bring everyone I know together. In other words I threw a huge party. I bought a giant cookie that says "Happy Birthday JR!" and some of my favorite beverages. I think birthdays are more about the people I care about then myself. Personally, I enjoyed having everyone having a great time on Tuesday night more than I've ever enjoyed receiving a birthday present. For me, it's not about me.

No comments: