Thursday, May 21, 2009

Freshmen year

It's hard to believe freshmen year is already over. When I was moving all my stuff out of my room, I remembered the beginning of the year when I moved everything into my old room and how it seemed like it had just happend last week. My parents were there, the weather was warm, and we had to carry everything up and down several flights of stairs. I feel like I grew a lot my first year of college. I didn't learn as many things in the class room as I expected, but I learned far more than I ever thought I could outside of the classroom. In high school, especially the early years of high school, my people skills were lacking to the say the least. I rarely talked and when I didn't I often inadvertently offended someone. Although I still have work to do, I'm now comfortable in nearly all social situations and usually don't offend people as often anymore. The last weekend of tennis was crazy. Losing 5-4 in a 5 hour match with Luther and all I can say is those guys are assholes. Thankfully, I beat 4 of them in the next 2 days while winning the conference tournament. I will try to blog more often but no promises. I know so many people read these......

No comments: