Tuesday, July 6, 2010

World cup semis

While I was out celebrating a couple classmates birthdays last night, I began a conversation with my Argentinian friend Javi about our World Cup predictions. The Netherlands plays Uruguay tonight at 8 30. Since I have class till 9 pm every night, I will again miss the first half. However hopefully the second half is good enough. I bet 20 bucks before the tournament against my friend Tim saying that the Netherlands would not win the tournament. If the Netherlands did not win the tournament, I would win the bet. Seemed like a good bet. Now that they are in the semis, Im not so sure anymore. However, they like very good and are a fun team to watch. The more intriguing semi final is Spain versus Germany. Germanys famous player, Michael Ballack, was hurt before the world cup and it looked like their chances were slim. However they have played phenominal and are currently the favorites. Spains famous player, Fernando Torres was hurt and still hasnt regained his form. However, Spain has also reached the semis. I am hopeful for Spain to advance because right now, I am living here, however I am not sure what will happen. My guess it will be Netherlands Germany in the final and the Netherlands will probably win. However I would not bet on it. No more betting for me haha.

No comments: