Monday, December 1, 2008

Returning to college

Overall, I would have to say my Thanksgiving break was a little disappointing. Of the kids from my grade who are now at college, I saw 1 friend which was Andrew Reiner at the gym. Aaron Horsager didn't come back home and Jon Slye remained busy for the entire trip, and other than that, I didn't get manage to arrange anything with a single person from my grade. I have to ask myself why it's like that? But then I remember what high school was like sometimes, it always seemed like I was stretching for people, trying to get closer to people yet often getting ignored or pushed away. I wish I could say that it's not a big deal to me, but that would be a lie. I can't say Thanksgiving break wasn't good for me, aside from being a good break, I realized I have made some great friends at college. Friends that really care about me and couldn't wait for me to come back to Coe. On Thanksgiving day I turned off my phone assuming no one would try to contact me and when i turned on my phone at 4:30, I had 21 text messages from people! 18 of those people were people I met at college taking time out of their day to wish me a happy thanksgiving and many of them were personalized meaning they weren't just a mass text. Although I do have good memories of high school with friends, I realized at break that most of them were just high school friends and that that's ok with me now. I think I have found something better.

No comments: