Monday, June 1, 2009

Nadal Losing

For most people, they don't quite understand what happend today. Rafael Nadal, who was thought to be unbeatable on clay, lost to a relatively unknown player. Most people would take this as a lesson teaching young children that "Anything is possible!". The way I look at it is different. In reality, Nadal had to lose eventually. Unless he retired beforehand which may be 10 years from now, he eventually had to lose at the French Open. What I take out of it is that things will happen at completely unexpected times. Personally I wanted Nadal to lose so Federer can win the French Open. My point is that you may have to wait a long time for something wonderful to happen or for a chance of a lifetime, but when opportunity strikes, you have to be ready to capitalize on that chance. It's a lesson I myself need to learn as much as anybody else.

No comments: