Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Living

So summer is a very interesting time for a college student. For me, college is 5 hours away and none of my friends are from closer than 45 minutes away and there are probably only 2 or 3 that are that close right now. So for socializing, I'm stuck trying to fit in time with the people I still talk to but often fail to get ahold of them and end up in awkward social situations with people you don't really like. Take for instance grad parties today. I trotted around for about an hour with a group of people that honestly neglected me in high school. Why did I continue to trot around with them? Who knows. But let me tell you, it was a little awkward. Anyway, I lost badly to a 45 year old in tennis this morning. Apparently he's actually really legit (top ten in the nation for his age) but I still kind of felt like a piece of shit. Whatever it's cool. I start working significantly more Monday and man I'm excited. Not necessarily for the money, but I miss having my schedule somewhat decided for me. It makes me actually do the things I want to because I don't have all day available. Also, some of the little tennis kids are adorable and very funny. If anyone actually reads this, call me up! Summer's starting to get a little bored and if you care enough to read my blog, you must like me.

No comments: