Sunday, October 28, 2012

Game vs Purdue


My apologies for the delays in the posting. Last weekend after getting my midterms back, I needed a fun weekend and I certainly got it. I went out with friends for a bit Friday night and Saturday I went to the game vs Purdue. OSU gave up a touchdown on the first play and things looked bad. After scoring and taking a 7-6 lead (Purdue missed the extra point), they proceeded to return the kickoff and take the lead again. Long story short we were terrible and were down by 8 with about 2 minutes left. After the backup quarterback threw an interception (because Braxton Miller was hurt), I decided to leave the game to try to beat the crowd. I was going to a Haunted House later but more on that later. As I was leaving I walked North by the river along some tailgates and I noticed a small crowd gathered around someone's satellite tv. I noticed that somehow OSU had the ball back and was driving. I watched the remainder of regulation as they drove and scored the tying touchdown with 3 seconds left and made the 2 point conversion to send it to overtime! The TV was on a 7 second delay (thanks Janet Jackson) and so you could hear the crowd roaring before you saw it happen on the tv. Once we scored, I sprinted back into the stadium and amazingly they let me back in and I got better seats than before! OSU scored in OT and Purdue was not able to so we dramatically won the game. I stuck around to sing songs and the OSU team came over to the student section and cheered and sang along. Then the coach, Urban Meyer, came over and riled up the crowd and everyone started chanting his name. Needless to say it was quite the scene and I don't think I'll forget it for a long time to come.

No comments: