Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mexico 0 USA 1

Well despite having minimal possession of the ball the US managed to nick Mexico 1 0 at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. This is the first time the U.S. has won in Mexico. In fact, they had only tied once before. Although our quality of play wasn't great we defended well and it's a good win that will increase the US confidence. Hopefully this win will give them more confidence.
On a personal note I have one more day of research colloquium and a student-faculty mixer tomorrow evening. I have contacted several professors and have a tentative meeting about the second rotation this fall with one geneticist and a meeting on Monday with a researcher who is working on the HIV virus in a very successful lab. Hopefully I will meet some more people tomorrow. Then Friday I'm off to Cincinnati to watch tennis although in retrospect I should have bought the evening session so I could have used the morning to meet with professors.

No comments: