Wednesday, June 23, 2010

USA....USA............USA.........

For the Spain game, I ended up running from class to "Plaza del Toros" which is the city bull fighting stadium to watch. Spain won 2 0 although I missed all the scoring. Still exciting though. At least a thousand fans were there, most of whom were wearing red or "La Roja!" in support of their beloved Spain. Then Tuesday night, we played soccer again. I was a captain and picked an excellent team, going 4 and 1 throughout the night before we were kicked out of the gym. Then today, I again had class during the first half of the US game, but showed up shortly into the second half only because me and my friends James stopped to investigate handball prices. 24 Euros, maybe too high. Anyway the US was dominating but failed to score. They needed to win since England had won 1 0. Finally, in the 92nd minute, Landon Donovan kicked in a rebound, and O Brien's, the Irish bar, exploded into America chants and songs. Minutes later, we are through to the second round. We booked a hostal for 36 euros in Salamanca Saturday so my weekend is all planned, just one more class tonight, one more day tomorrow, and then enjoying my 3 day weekend.

No comments: