Monday, June 21, 2010

The Weekend and First Day of Class

So today marks the first full week of classes, and I managed to start everything off by going to the wrong class. I sat with someone at breakfast who had lunch at the same time and just decided to walk to class with them. I sat down in the room and didnt talk to anyone. The professor was ten minutes late and didnt even mention the title of the class for another ten. Suddenly, 20 minutes into class she mentioned "Linguistics". My class is Phonetics. I decided to stay in class and just pretend that I was there until the end. Since classes are twice a day, I went early to our later one to explain to the Professor. When I told her, she just burst out laughing and didnt seem to care at all. Plus, class got done in a half hour so I went to the gym to play basketball. We have a decent size gym that we played an intense game of soccer on this weekend. I scored many goals but was very sore. Then I went out Saturday and had a great time at this place that was just giving out free food and drinks. I have class till 9 later, but the U.S. plays at 8 30 so I will miss the first half. Hopefully I can finish quick and go to O BrienÅ› to watch the second half.

No comments: