Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back to work!


So these photos are for comedic purpose and do not represent that actual nature of my work. So on Monday I officially started in lab and my friend Mike (second picture losing decisively at Tetris to me) is rotating there. The lab is in a weird state with me starting, one post Doc returning from a month vacation, another having just submitted a paper and is waiting for reviews, and the other graduate student is about to take here Candidacy Exam so there is not a whole lot of actual lab work going on. We were waiting for samples to finish incubating when we started playing Tetris. I've spent a lot of time filling out paperwork getting access to everything. It's nice to have an office now though I have been staying into the evening because it is a nice place to study. The building is very nice too and since we are in the basement and off of the main campus it doesn't have nearly as much traffic. I have a big presentation coming up quickly in  one of my classes so I've been spending a lot of time with that and studying for other classes but hopefully I'll be able to fit in a few fun things. Recently learned of some new fun things to do in Columbus so hopefully I will be able to check them out this semester or certainly in the summer.


No comments: