Monday, January 14, 2013

Bittersweet Day

So today marks the beginning of the Kohawk tennis season and for the first time in 4 years I will not be there to participate. Don't get my wrong, the first few weeks of practice are miserable. The days are long and repetitive, the conditioning is tough, the challenge matches test all of your nerves and after it's all done you have to go do your homework. But through all the hard work during the season and plenty in the off season I eventually got to experience a few remarkable moments and so I've decided to put a few photos together from my career for old times sake. 

Photo of me my freshmen year. Long (full) head of hair and clean shaven :)


The Racket Center

Winning B flight singles my Freshmen year at conference.


Finally winning conference 5-4 against Luther.

Seniors and Coach Rodgers

Banquet speech after delaying the start for over an hour due to my extensive singles match (more later)



This (and the top photo) are from when I won the 5th and deciding point against Wisconsin Whitewater in my senior day meet. What a moment!

Winning conference led to an appearance in the NCAA tournament







And of course any experience with Rob (Bobo)
Here is my award winning Prezi of Rob now with over 170 views :) 
http://prezi.com/9djdfcx7bsbe/rob-bobo-rye-and-his-career-at-coe/



Coaches and Rob trying to imitate coach







The team


And to top it off a few photos of where the journey began on the city courts of St. Anthony Village. Yes our jerseys were blue....

No comments: