Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Break

So my Spring Break hasn't gone according to plan so much but there some good things have happened and will continue to happen. I didn't get to go home as I originally had hoped but I will be heading to Coe tomorrow to hang out for a few days and watch the tennis meets. I went out with some friends Friday night and played 3 hours of outdoor tennis Sunday which in all honesty was far too much but people just kept asking me to play with them. The downside was my Developmental professor finally gave us the homework on Saturday he had promised us Friday and it was much more extensive and difficult then he led us to believe and I spent all of Monday and today doing it while fitting in some lab work. I am still not done but the two answers I have remaining one of them I will just have to pick between two choices and the other I need some thought. I was hoping to use spring break as a time to work on my grant proposal but it appears that is not to be. Perhaps I will ponder it at Coe while friends are in classes. Another downer is my name was not put on the ballot for our program's College Graduate Delegate originally and although it was fixed I think a lot of people already voted. We will see though. It's frustrating because the system put me under the Accounting program instead of my own. Anyway things go on. I am beginning to realize graduate school is somewhat of a daily battle. There are many setbacks of varying degrees. I think the key however is to obviously keep moving forward and to celebrate even your minor victories when you get them. I am my views will evolve over time as they generally do.
Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather. I definitely am and I hope to be riding my bike again soon.

No comments: