Friday, June 22, 2012

Finally, I have work

So Monday I will finally start work. This is good because I am becoming very cagey in my apartment. Since I don't exactly know people in Columbus and we still don't have internet (and we don't have tv), there is very little for me to actually do with my time.
I am working with a Post-Doc researcher from Spain which immediately gives me some connections to him. He also says his english is not that great so hopefully I can brush up on my spanish a bit this weekend. He also said I will be working Monday-Friday 9 to 7:30 (at least) which is a bit intimidating but that is why I came in the summer. Plus, based off of this week there really isn't much else to do. I'll still have some time to workout and bike and I don't really know anyone to hang out with so I may as well be productive with my summer.
I realized today that I have officially become an adult when I spent a half hour going over retirement plans with the program coordinator. Obviously I am far away from actually retiring but I have never really had to think about this stuff before and I have to say it is a bit strange. Although the class was a bore, it looks like the Personal Financial Planning class I took this last semester will turn out to be worth it.
One thing I can do this weekend is watch the Euros. I just watched Germany tear apart Greece and followed the Portugal/Czech match on my phone. Tomorrow I will try to go somewhere to watch Spain play France and England/Italy on Sunday should be good as well. Hopefully once work gets going I'll like what I'm doing and like the people there. I have become very antisocial. Even at the gym while watching the game I couldn't get myself to talk to the people around me at all. I have become used to not talking. Anyway, I am tired so I am going to make some dinner and potentially take a nap.

No comments: