Saturday, June 30, 2012

Euro Final Tomorrow


Tomorrow, Spain plays Italy in the finals of the European Championships. Since I was in Spain when the won the World Cup in 2010, this brings back great memories and some of them are above. The first is the last group stage game against Chile when I was in Madrid watching at the Real Madrid Stadium the Santiago Bernabeau. The Second is after either the finals or semifinals in Toledo when the whole city partied and in this photo we are currently in the city fountain. Obviously I don't expect to experience this tomorrow, but it brings back fond memories nonetheless. Unfortunately, after winning the 2008 Euros and 2010 World Cup, I think Spain's run of dominance will come to an end tomorrow. They have had troubles scoring this tournament and after a long season in Spain, I think they are very tired. Italy on the other hand, is a very tactically sound team and few of their players played in the Champions League this season meaning they had more rest time and fewer games. I think Italy will be too organized and behind their volatile forwards of Antonio Cassano and Mario Balotelli, they will be good enough to nip a goal and Spain's midfielders will not be able to break down Italy to score. I am unsure where I will go to watch the game but I am hoping to watch with 2 of my Spain friends who live here. One of which is back visiting (although we have not been in touch) and the other lives here although will be returning from a trip home. Either way, I'm excited to watch and hoping for a good game.

No comments: