Friday, June 29, 2012

So today turned out to be quite the day. I spent most of the day just reading protocols and preparing for this "project" that I am going to be doing in the future. I could have left early afternoon but I was told the lab has "Happy Hour" every Friday a 5 and thought this would be a good chance to meet more people. About 5 o clock the sky started to look like below.

After enjoying Happy Hour, I biked home around 7 to notice numerous trees and power lines down on the bike path. Below are photos of the cemetery I bike through by my apartment.







Not pictured is the total wipe out I had while parking down Tuttle Park Road. I went around a tree and tried to get back on the path. The curb was a little high and my bike went flying and I went flying off it. Performing acrobatics that I don't consciously know how to do and don't have any idea how I did it but somehow I managed on my feet. I was wearing my helmet as well. Surprisingly, nobody in the area saw me, but the important thing is that I am ok. Since my roommate is home for the weekend, I decided to go home and make tacos for myself after the ordeal. They were delicious :)

No comments: