Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Buckeye basketball

So last night after our test (let's not talk about the test) a few of my classmates and I went to Chumley's (a bar on campus) to watch OSU vs Michigan basketball. I haven't really watched too much basketball this year but it was hands down the best game I've seen in a long time. Both teams went after it with tough defense and hard drives to the basket. OSU was definitely the better team on the night but Michigan made 14 three pointers completely shooting out of their mind and forced the game into overtime. The crowd in the bar was going pretty crazy it was a very fun atmosphere. OSU was the victim of a few questionable calls in OT and ultimately lost by 2 when one of the players was hacked on a drive to the basket but no foul was called. It was fun to get out and do something social the only fun things I've done since I've gotten back is have people over to my place for football. The waitress spilled salsa and guacamole on a few of my classmates and did not apologize or return to our table so that was definitely a dampener on the night but overall glad I got out to watch. Unfortunately I have another test on Monday and lot's of other things to do but I will take a break long enough to watch the US' first World Cup Qualifier in Honduras on my computer in an hour or so. Hopefully we can bring home a W but a draw would be a good result as Honduras is a good team and they will have 40,000 screaming fans there.

No comments: