Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl Commericals

So this year I wasn't overly wowed by the commercials but there were a few solid ones in case you missed them. Numbers 4 and 3 of this top video were some of my favorites but the Jamaican VW accent guy was my favorite by far although I've unfortunately never met anyone like him in Minnesota. That video is posted below.
So the actual game this year was really good. It looked rough for awhile but the 49ers managed to come back and the goal line fourth down stand at the end of the game by the Ravens was pretty dramatic. Flaco had quite the game and but although I've been making the "Elite" joke (#Elite) a lot because that's what he's been calling himself I would personally have to see another run from him before I call him that. However last night certainly showed he had it. The the black out was pretty funny but after 40 minutes it got pretty old. I also thought the halftime show was the best I've seen in a long time, certainly post Janet Jackson fiasco.
Former Viking Matt Birk got a ring which is a cool story for me. He went to high school in the Twin Cities, went to Harvard, and then played a bunch of years for his hometown team the Vikings. He also serves on the NFL Players Union (or did, and I'm not 100% sure that is the name of it) so I think he was definitely deserving. Doesn't look like Moss will get his but that's the way it goes. And off course the battle between the two brothers was intriguing and obviously it was Ray Lewis' last game but I was pretty pleased that the commentators laid off those two stories once the game started and focused on the game. Now for sports I have the upcoming Champion's League games to look forward to as most of the leagues already seemed decided and maybe I'll start to follow basketball a bit more seriously.

No comments: