Saturday, February 9, 2013

"The Ceiling Can't Hold Us"

So the last few months everybody has been going off about this Macklemore guy. His song "Thrift Shop" is pretty catchy but other than that I just figured he was a One-Hit-Wonder type of guy. Turns out I was wrong. I ended up downloading CD and found one of the best songs I've heard in awhile.

"Can't Hold Us" pretty much has everything I like in modern music. Well I like rap and dubstep they tend to either get too repetitive or lose the musicality and just focus on the beat. Here you have a guy rapping with a live band behind him and to top it all off an old school barber-shop type singer. The melody and the beat are fantastic and the bridge is pretty solid as well. Personally I like the trumpet and trombone in it. It actually doesn't sound quite as good on the recording as it does in this live video so I might download this and replace my version on iTunes. We will see. Enjoy the video.

No comments: