Monday, February 4, 2013

Mike defeats MRSA!

So thankfully Mike (who is rotating in my lab) was able to get over his MRSA infection and as back in the swing of things. He spent the night in the ER and is on heavy antibiotics but his knee will be fine despite some nasty looking photos of the wound which I will not share here. The first years in the program were originally going to visit him but opted instead to make a card for him. I decided to buy flowers and a huge "Get Well Soon!" balloon to top it off. Here is Mike reading the card which had some rather quotable notes on it from other first years. We presented it to him watching the Superbowl at my apartment.

Here is everyone from the program there. Not the best turnout but we do have exams coming up.


And here is the balloon.
The best moment was probably when I went to Giant Eagle to buy flowers and ultimately spied the balloon and knew I had to have it. As I was checking out the clerk caught me smiling and asked "there's someone special in your life isn't there ;)". "Yes" I replied, "yes there is."


No comments: