Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Champions League Returns

So since the NFL/NCAA Football are over, I'm not that into hockey anymore or basketball and all the leagues in soccer seem to be decided there's really only only sporting competition for me to follow (and OSU tennis but they lost this weekend). The Champions League is a Europeans soccer tournament between the best teams in the European leagues and now they are down to the last 16. Each round pits a home and away match and the winner on goal aggregate advances. This round (which has some games today and tomorrow as well as next week) has some very interesting match ups. Manchester United play Real Madrid which is fascinating because Real Madrid star Christiano Ronaldo used to play for Man United. Barcelona play AC Milan which is two traditional European powers playing early. Paris St. Germain, similar to the New York Yankees, play Valencia which is a team that sells its best players every year to pay off their debt but are still somehow a top team every year. There are several other good ones as well. My point is that today and tomorrow around 4 o'clock I will try to clear up my schedule to watch because if I don't there are really no sporting events for me to follow now. I will try to get some of my take-home exam done before this afternoon so I don't feel guilty about watching.

No comments: