Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An excellent weekend

This Sunday, my lab group had a picnic at the Park of Roses for Prashanths last weekend. I personally had a great time it was nice to hang out with some guys my age from the lab and talk with a lot of the post docs. One of the funniest things was the difference in conversation topics between the two groups. Whereas the post-Docs were at one point overhead discussion how they address fellow Ph.Ds in emails (such as Dr. so and so....), we were discussion ridiculous (and sometimes violent sports) we had heard of from the far reaches of the globe. It was a fun afternoon though. Then, my friend Drew from lab was kind enough to fix the tubbing on my bike. It was working great (more on that later). Then Sunday night, me and Prashanth joined Drew at the Columbus Gateway Theater to watch the season premiere of Breaking Bad. Tickets were free because they make their money from alcohol sales (yes this movie theater sells alcohol) but I saved my money for some Taco Bell afterwards. They Sunday night, we headed to the German Village to the World Famous (I think) Thurman's Pub for their burgers. The burger was 3/4 of a pound but was delicious. And despite having a light dinner I was almost able to finish although my stomach hated me this morning. Thruman's was actually on Man vs Food for their massive burger. It was a small place that looked a lot like moose but had a great atmosphere and we were able to watch the Olympics as well.

No comments: