Monday, July 2, 2012

The downside of living cheaply

So I got a bike before I came out here from Target. With my location and the parking situation on campus its about as quick to bike to campus and since I like to be active, it seemed logical to get a bike. Since this is a campus area I figured a cheaper bike would be better. Less likely to get stolen and there was no real need to get a nice one with how short of a commute I would be doing. Lately however, the bike has become very difficult to ride and I took it to the shop today. I discovered the night before the breaks were rubbing against the wheel which made my ride very difficult due to the constant breaking. The shop reset the wheels for a short fee and I was on my way. After putting the bike in the station wagon and returning home I am disappointed to say that the breaks are still rubbing. I will try and go back tomorrow to fix this (using my car carrier this time) but if it cannot be fixed perhaps I will have to buy a new bike anyway. One of the many new challenges I am learning about living on my own.

No comments: