Sunday, July 8, 2012

Federer wins #17

Today Roger Federer won his record-extending 17st Grand Slam title at Wimbledon. It's the first time for a few years he has won a title (he is now 30) and thus has regained the #1 ranking in the world. I haven't really been watching a lot of tennis lately but it was great to see Federer back to his old form. He is truly magnificent to watch when he is at his best. My heart goes out for Andy Murray who was attempting to win his first Grand Slam title and the first person from the UK to win at Wimbledon since 1936. This was his fourth loss in a major final and he tearfully said afterwards "Well I'm getting closer" which I'm sure will go down as a memorable line should he proceed to win a major in the future. My heart goes out for Andy Murray having lost my fair share of sporting events in the past and he showed true class in the trophy presentation.

No comments: